Sunday, August 29, 2010

Southern Note: Mobile Misery

I just hung up on my fifth call this weekend.  Not intentionally, mind you (who in their right mind would hang up on an automatic call from an airline telling you about a flight change?)  No, it was an accident, caused by a slip of the finger on my new, very fancy cell phone - as were all the other hangups.  These days, cell phones can do almost everything a person could want.  On mine, I can send and receive emails, provide a wireless network for up to five people, play music, take photos, even read books and watch movies if I want (assuming my eyes are up to the challenge, which they are not). The only thing that I need to do, but can't, is answer the phone correctly when it rings - which to me, kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone...