Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Urge to Blog

What is it that makes me do this everyday?  What deep-seated psychological urge makes me risk what's left of my reputation by blogging?  Am I a narcissist?  A thwarted writer?  A suppressed something-or-other?  I don't know.  I'm an early riser, and it seems that at this time of the morning ideas are a dime a dozen - often I'll start 2 or even 3 new posts per sitting.  I have other things to do, Buddha knows.  But blogging one paragraph a day doesn't take long so it's not really a waste of time, is it?  (One paragraph is just right for me due to my legendary short attention span.)  There must be something therapeutic about it.  I've always found writing out my thoughts to aid in clarifying them for myself.  And I suppose when I'm gone my wife and kids can re-read this stuff and have a few laughs.  What is it that makes me do this?  And why would anyone want to read the (admittedly) random thoughts of another?  That's it - it's you, not me.