Friday, February 11, 2011

Reflections On The Big Six-0

"If I'd known I was going to live this long I would've taken better care of myself."  (Attributed to Eubie Blake, the American rag-time musician.)  Never were truer words spoken.  I can't believe I've survived, thrived and arrived at the end of another decade.  Or perhaps one should focus on the beginning of yet another one, my seventh!  The top ten reasons why I've lived so long:
1. My best friend, my wife.
2. Ian.
3. Kate.
4. Lindsay.
5. Family is super.
6. Did I mention being a grandad? 
7. Great friends.
8. Living in Canada helps.
9. Living out here is the best.
10. I've been as lucky as I have been unlucky.
The secret to it all?  See #1 above.  The single most important decision you will ever make is who you marry, in my opinion.  That hasn't changed.  G'day!